Owner of Halcyon@Home
Professional Organizer - Noell Egeland
I have been organizing for as long as I can remember: I distinctly recall lining up my dolls by height on their stands and arranging their clothes by color. In school, I lived for binders, different colored highlighters and tabs that identified where tests, labs, handouts, or notes went. My first paid organizing job was at sixteen-I helped my mother’s boss get her children's rooms in order. In college, I gave several talks on time management, academic organization, and setting up study plans to my peers.
In my early professional life, I was a teacher. For 10 years I taught the ins and outs of my subject but I also helped my students manage their notes, binders, lockers and lives. I organized my classroom, my office, and my supply room; my papers, my plans, and the details associated with other duties I had. In ten years, I never lost a paper-my students could count on that. And now, my clients count on me to create or restore order in their spaces. "Halcyon" means peaceful, content, and happy and I work hard so my clients can feel this way each day at home.
For the past five years I have been building this business and caring for my son. I have done extensive specialized training in that time and became a member of the Preferred Organizers Association, which provides ongoing education for professional organizers. As a former teacher, I know there is always more to learn!
The main reason I chose to launch Halcyon@Home is because I love to help others. I know that everyone struggles with having enough time and that one of the first things to fall by the wayside when we're overwhelmed is tidying up and keeping clutter at bay. When I restore homes to a more peaceful, organized and functional state, it is a total game-changer; I see my clients happier, less stressed, and more at ease in their spaces... and this is what makes my work so worthwhile.
One of the most important traits I bring to my work with clients is my enthusiasm (it may be hard to believe but I truly feel that organizing your space will be FUN!) and my non-judgmental attitude. I work tirelessly to understand your organization struggles, help you over the hurdles, and make it an enjoyable process along the way.
As a Professional Organizer, I adhere to a Code of Ethics with each client and in each job I do:
- I will respect my clients, their spaces, and will remain non-judgmental throughout all interactions.
- I will only provide services in areas in which I am competent and knowledgeable.
- If other professionals are needed, I will do my best to connect you with qualified individuals and/or companies.
- All fees for services will be honestly represented and provided upfront.
- Any and all client information will be held in the strictest of confidence and will not be shared with anyone.
- Client testimonials and/or photos will only be used with explicit permission provided by the client.
- Any and all fees associated with services will be provided upfront and never hidden.
- For any change in fee structure, a 60-day notice will be provided to existing clients and only effective towards new projects not within the original agreement.
- I will not financially benefit from any products and/or services recommended.